New PC Means Good News/Bad News

Yesterday, I bought a new desktop PC. My old one can be restored, but it will take time. For me, time is money, and time lost while I can't work is lost money.

Love the new PC except that it runs Windows 7 of course, and I'm kind of lost looking for things with the graphic interface rather than file lists. The hard drive is huge which means it's divided, and that means it's taking me time to get used to storing something where I can find it later.

Grrr! I'm already frustrated and working on only 4 hours sleep last night. Instead of sleeping, I spent the night trying to transfer files that never ended up where I wanted them. I'm not a computer expert, but I'm not an idiot either though I feel like one after the last 24 hours.

Took me most of last evening just to get the email connection made. Silly dumb little error based on one tiny box that had wrong info in it the computer loaded from the initial server it connected to--or so the tech at my ISP told me. Who knows?

My list of complaints includes having to use MS Outlook rather than Outlook Express which I know inside out. I can't even figure out with this Outlook how to print just a selection of an email and not the whole darn thing.

Still have to take the hard case down to the tekkie guy and my backup so he can speak the magic words over it to transfer my email address book and my old email archive to the new PC. I mean, it is magic, right?

The weekend is here. I'm more than a week behind on just about everything, and I'm exhausted. I should work this weekend, but. . . .

Takeaway Truth

This is one of those times when, for the sake of my sanity, I'm just going to say, "Screw it." I need some R & R.

2 comments:

  1. Don't fret, Joan. Everything will get transfered. Take a deep breath.

    Now, the really important question-what are you going to name your new member of the family?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzan Harden ... Name for this spawn of the devil--uh, I mean computer? Hmm. I'll have to think on that.

    *g*
    Joan

    ReplyDelete