Love That Signature Red

At the recent Texas Mushroom Festival in Madisonville, we bought all-day tickets to the wine tasting. For a mere $10, we got to sample wine all day long and received a commemorative wine glass to boot.

I took a card from each vineyard that participated, and on the back I made notes about the wines I liked best. I liked some of them so much that I'm going to blog about them.

Today I'd like to tell you about the Signature Red from Red Road Vineyard & Winery, described to us on the day of the festival as a soft merlot.

We all liked the Signature Red. It was smooth and very drinkable. Really delightful. I couldn't believe how low priced it is on their website ($12), but this is a young vineyard so they're trying to get their foot in the door of a highly-competitive Texas wine market.

Red Road Vineyard & Winery

Located in Naples, Texas, east of the Dallas area, Red Road Vineyard is on I-30, 40 minutes southwest of Texarkana and an hour from Longview.

Physical address: 405 Front Street, Naples, Texas 75568
Phone: 903-897-9353
Email: RRVW105W at yahoo.com and be sure and sign up for their newsletter.
Wine tasting offered: yes.

Red Road is a family operation that started in 2000 when they Grove family planted grapes as a family project. What started as a hobby became their obsession. They expanded their vineyard in 2003. Today they have Cynthianna and Delaware grapes as well as Linior and Blanc du Bois and other varieties on 10 acres. They've got expansion plans that call for more acres and more grapes.

I wish they were closer to me, but I can always shop on their website where they have all their available wines listed. Contact them to order. I highly recommend the Signature Red, of course, or drop by for a wine tasting in person. Their hours are posted on the website.

Takeaway Truth

Texas wines have grown in quality over the years. I'm comfortable saying we are the new Wine Country. Sample some today.

No comments:

Post a Comment