Thursday3Some: Ruined by Alicia Dean

Hopefully, the weather has warmed up in your neck of the woods. If not, then grab a good book -- maybe the one my guest Alicia Dean will talk about -- and read until spring arrives!

About Alicia Dean

Alicia lives in Edmond, Oklahoma, and has 3 grown children and a huge network of supportive friends and family. She writes mostly contemporary suspense and paranormal, but has also written in other genres, including a few vintage historical novels.

Alicia is a freelance editor and also is an editor for The Wild Rose Press.

Other than reading and writing, her passions are Elvis Presley, Major League Baseball, the National Football League (she usually works in a mention of one or all three into her stories), and watching her favorite TV shows like Vampire Diaries, Justified, Sons of Anarchy, Haven, New Girl, The Mindy Project, and Dexter (even though it has sadly ended, she will forever be a fan). Some of her favorite authors are Michael Connelly, Dennis Lehane, Lee Child, Lisa Gardner, Sharon Sala, Jordan Dane, Ridley Pearson, Joseph Finder, and Jonathan Kellerman…to name a few.

Find Alicia Dean Online

Website * Blog * Facebook * Twitter * Pinterest * Goodreads

About Ruined: Martini Club 4 – The 1920’s

After the Earl of Goodwin attempts to force himself on her, housemaid Eliza Gilbert flees England for New York, hoping to build a better life. But the land of opportunity proves as harsh as the London docks, and she finds herself in a situation more dreadful than the one she escaped. When Vince Taggart’s childhood friend disappears, he heads to New York in search of her and meets Eliza, a woman with a less than honorable reputation. Inexplicably captivated, Vince can’t force himself to stay away, especially when he learns Eliza may be the key to finding his missing friend.

When did you write Ruined?

I’ve worked on it off and on for about a year, but completed it in late, 2014.

What was the spark that gave you the story idea?

The idea came from a weekly outing between myself and three of my author friends. We meet every Friday at The Martini Lounge in Edmond, Oklahoma. We came up with an idea to write a series of books centered around the lounge, and we decided to set the first ones in a 1920’s speakeasy.

Why do readers buy Ruined?

I think partly because the 1920’s era is popular right now, thanks in part to The Great Gatsby remake, but also because they are intrigued at the idea of my heroine being a ‘lady of the evening.’

Buy Martini Club 4 – The 1920’s by Alicia Dean

Amazon Kindle

Takeaway Truth

If you're always complaining about romance novels being "the same" then Ruined may be what you're looking for with its 1920's speakeasy setting and a heroine who is a "lady of the evening." If you like the novel, be sure and leave the author a short review.

19 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing my latest release on your blog. I enjoyed visiting with you about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Alicia. You're very welcome. It's been a delight.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like another of your great stories Alicia! Tweeted and pinned to my Thursday3Some board!

    Good luck with it!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cover, Alicia! I so love the Martini Club. I think you should franchise it. I'm pretty sure I could start one here in Franklin, TN!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, we'd be happy to! How far are you from Memphis? Maybe I'll commute back and forth and help oversee it. ;) Thanks for the kind words!

      Delete
    2. Hi, Darcy. I'm pretty sure the Martini Club would make a great TV series!

      Delete
  4. I love the cover of Ruined, Alicia. What an ab-fab idea for a series of books. At 99c each who can resist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, dear! I'm very pleased with the cover. Hope you enjoy the stories!

      Delete
    2. Hey, Monique. I agree with you. Great series idea. Great price.

      Delete
  5. This sounds like an interesting story and I like the cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you stopping by, Tamara. I certainly hope readers find it interesting. :) Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Hello, Tamara. Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  6. I think your hero is as intriguing as your heroine! Let's not forget him! Can't wait to sink my teeth into this one! Love your interview style, Joan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find him quite intriguing, MJ. Thanks! Yes, I love her interview style too. She's great! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
    2. Nice to see you again, M.J. Thank you very much. Happy to have you on the blog some time. Just click the Contact Joan tab and we'll set something up.

      Delete
  7. The 20s have always fascinated me. Read all the F. Scott Fitzgerald novels and a bio of his wife Zelda--taught GATSBY. Super setting for a new novel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Just saw this. Thanks for stopping by, Susan. I hope you enjoy the stories if you read them. The 20's was sooo much fun!

      Delete