6 Tips to Conquer the Overwhelm

Gosh! I'm so glad it's November. Except for a great cruise vacation, October was the pits. After arriving home, I spent a frantic 5 days trying to catch up on 2 weeks worth of "stuff" that piled up while I was gone--first out of state to a wedding then on the cruise.

Backstory

On the 6th day, I woke up with a scratchy throat that turned into the sniffles. Two days later, I was so congested I couldn't breathe and so dizzy I couldn't stand up.

Let's make this long story short. Bronchitis and double ear infections equal almost 2 weeks of being sicker than I've been in years.I couldn't raise my head from the pillow without the world spinning.

Finally, the antibiotics worked. Today, I actually got dressed. Spent a couple of hours at the computer which zapped my meager energy. It will take me a while to get caught up. Rather than drive myself crazy trying to get caught up, I decided to be sane about this.

6 Tips To Conquer the Overwhelm

When you're vastly overwhelmed, try these tips that I came up with.

1. Make a list of everything you think that needs to be done.

2. Look at the list and analyze the items. Seriously, you can't do it all first, so use A, B, and C to break the list into: Crucial, Important, Good But Can Be Postponed

3. Rewrite the Crucial List and prioritize by number as to what needs to be done immediately, what can be done the following day, etc.

4. By the time you've conquered your Crucial List, the items on your Important List will kick in.

5. Every evening, rewrite your list.

6. Those "Good But Can Be Postponed" items? Do 1 before you leave your office each day. It's nice to get them done, but remember. It's not crucial or important.

Takeaway Truth

Most importantly of all, remember that a mountain can be moved one shovelful at a time if you just keep shoveling away.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Liz! I'd like to say my tips helped me find another hour in today, but...I'd forgotten about DST changing.

      Delete