A Basement In Texas!

I've written several posts lately, mostly on my other blog, about our hunt for a vacation home at our favorite golf resort. Before I tell you the rest of this story, I must emphasize that this is in Texas on the edge of the hill country. To our surprise, we encountered two houses with basements! In Texas! We just don't have basements in this state.

Each house was great, and both were on the golf course. We didn't make an offer on either because each had a basement. One house's basement smelled horrible. Wet and moldy. The other basement wasn't finished - just earthen walls. We were there on a rainy day so it was like a mud pit.

In each case, we didn't have a clue as to how to assess the cost of making the basement in the first house waterproof or in finishing out the basement in the second house, also making sure it was waterproof.

Today, I did a little Internet sleuthing and found several articles on waterproofing basements in an Article directory. I always say if you want to know something, do a search online. I don't think there's ever been an instance when I haven't found research material on a subject in which I've been interested.

To make a long story short, we're going to take another look at those houses.

Takeaway Truth

One of the best things about the Internet is the ability to find articles in an instant. I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment