Thursday3Some: The Unwanted Christmas Guest by Penny Estelle

T'is the week before Thanksgiving, and all through the house, the Thursday3Some Spotlight is shining--on an author, not a mouse! Today, the spotlight shines on Penny Estelle and her holiday romance The Unwanted Christmas Guest.

About Penny Estelle

Penny was a school secretary for 21 years and retired in 2009. She and her hubby moved to their  retirement home in Kingman, Arizona, and now live on 54 acres in a very rural area.

Penny explained, "Actually we live “off the grid”. We live on solar and wind. A real adjustment for a city girl. I must say – I love it. Nothing like walking out your front door and hear coyotes howling in the distance and seeing a sky bursting with stars. It is breathtaking!"

Penny's writing career started with stories for the tween kiddos. She's "advanced" to a few romances, family drama, two historical western romances, and even a non-fiction shorty about living life off the grid!

Find Penny Estelle Online

Website: http://www.pennystales.com
Blog: www.pennyestelle.blogspot.com
Amazon Author Page: http://www.amazon.com/Penny-Estelle/e/B006S62XBY
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pennystales
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pennystales

About The Unwanted Christmas Guest

Elizabeth McMurphy is an up and coming high powered attorney and is after vengeance, involving one of the richest and most powerful families in Colorado. Steve York is an obnoxious reporter that thinks the ice queen has gone too far and does all he can to get under her skin.

When one of the worst blizzards in history hits Colorado during the Christmas holiday and leaves a hurt Steve York, stranded with Elizabeth in a mountain cabin, her hatred for him starts to thaw. But this attorney has a secret that she will guard, even at the risk of losing her only chance at love.

1. When did you write The Unwanted Christmas Guest?

In July of 2013, my publisher put out a call for holiday stories. I had never tried one, so I thought I would give it a shot. It was released December 2, 2013

2. What was the spark that gave you the story idea?

I wish I had a snappy answer for that. In most stories that I write, I have a beginning and then the story just goes from there. I wanted this one to be a sweet romance, but I wanted some mystery in it also. The heroine of The Unwanted Christmas Guest has a huge secret. She will keep that secret even at the cost of her own happiness!

The other part is (dum da dum dum) I have 7 grandkids, and I have used all of them in one story or another. In The Unwanted Christmas Guest, there is a three-year-old little girl who has Downs Syndrome. Her name is Katy. I also have a three-year-old little Downs granddaughter, Caity. Now, I’ve used them all, and my job is done!

3. Why do readers buy The Unwanted Christmas Guest?

It’s a story that keeps you guessing. It’s a love story that starts out as a hate relationship, but things quickly change when the main characters are trapped in a cabin during one of Colorado’s biggest snow storms.

Buy The Unwanted Christmas Guest

Amazon Kindle Edition

Nook Edition
icon

iTunes Edition

Smashwords Edition

Muse It Up Publishing

But Wait! There's More

Penny is giving away 1 PDF Copy of The Unwanted Christmas Guest! To be eligible to win the book, leave a comment with your email address written out--not as a hot link or the evil web spammers may harvest your email address.

Takeaway Truth

Now is the time to take advantage of the great holiday bargains in books. Start your collection today.

6 comments:

  1. Good morning, Joan. Thanks so much for having me today. I surely do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. Your description of Arizona, makes me want to travel there, too. I think it is awesome that you have included your grandchildren in your books. This book sounds intriguing.
    Letina Kelly
    lkelly@abthomas.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Penny, lovely post and I just wanted to mention that I've read and given a well earned 5 star review to The Unwanted Christmas Guest, such a wonderful read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks again Joan for having me. I have sent Letina a copy of my story. Ya'll rock!

    ReplyDelete