"Old Enough" Now Available Everywhere

My experiment with Amazon's Kindle Owners Lending Library aka Prime Select is ended. I had my "cougar-licious romance" enrolled in the program.

As of yesterday, OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER (Book 1 of The Good, The Bad, and The Girly), the book I had enrolled, is now available at all the major ebook sellers.

My Experience

I gave a detailed report last week in Writing Hacks, my subscription newsletter. Here's a condensed version for those who don't subscribe.

Having a book enrolled in KOLL, Kindle Owners Lending Library, was an interesting experiment. For me, it wasn't particularly advantageous. Others made out like bandits, I understand, but my books are already low-priced. I mean, if I were going to exercise my Prime right to "borrow" a book at no cost, I would get one of the more expensive ebooks I want to read--not a book that's already at a low price point.

Upset Readers

Also, I received emails from readers who were upset because the book wasn't available for their Nook or their iPad. They knew they could get a Kindle app for other devices, but they simply didn't want to buy from Amazon. I found there are a lot of people with that sentiment.

So, I gathered my stats and bided my time. When the contracted time limit for the book expired, I immediately uploaded it to the other ebook sellers. In fact, I stayed up until 2 AM to get that done.

Takeaway Truth

Try new things. Some will work out; some won't. But you won't know until you try.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting your experience with KLL. It seems that folks' experiences are all over the place.

    ReplyDelete