Texas Summer in the Country

The August heat finally burned away the effects of the drenching downpours we had in Texas beginning in May.

All in all, it's been cooler and much less humidity in the country than in town. That's why we've spent most of every week at our house in the country.

Of course, that means I've spent very little time blogging, writing, or engaged in other authorly pursuits. Sigh. I'm terribly behind in everything, but I have really enjoyed the summer.

After all, the Dalai Lama once said, "The purpose of our lives is to be happy."

TAKEAWAY TRUTH

If you want a quotation from a less lofty source, how about what Ferris Bueller said in Ferris Bueller's Day Off? "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."



 Love to read? Sign up for my free Newsletter, I LOVE READING. Once a month, you'll receive exclusive content and news about giveaways, bargains, and new releases.

No comments:

Post a Comment