Kindle Fire TV Stick Rocks

This is another late night post. Darling Hubby and I seem to be keeping late hours, mainly because I'm not getting my work done in the daytime.

When Darling Hubby and I moved into our home in Houston, we bought Smart TVs because we planned to cut the satellite TV service. For 2 older TVs, we bought a Sony Blu-Ray DVD Player that had smart apps.

This worked well. Hubby installed an antenna in the attic, and we reduced our monthly TV expense from over $100.00 to around $20. for Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Life rocked along just fine until a couple of our Smart TVs lost their app license I presume because YouTube disappeared from 2 of the TVs. Then 1 of the Sony Blu-Ray players bit the dust.

Even though we watch the HD broadcast channels from NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, etc. we really love Netflix and Amazon.

When I saw that Amazon had reduced the cost of their Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote to $29.99, we decided to order one and see if it would be a good source for the online streaming we love.

It came today. Tonight, Hubby plugged it into the HDMI port on the TV, and that was all that was needed to make it operational. We just selected the online apps we wanted--PGA Tour Golf, BBC, Smithsonian, Netflix, YouTube, Pandora, and a few others, all of which were free with no fee or subscription required--and entered our passwords where necessary. That was it!

As I was adding apps, I had a genius idea. First, let me tell you it's the easiest thing to add apps to your TV. Use your PC. Go to the Fire TV Stick page, cruise the various categories, select your app, click to download it to your TV, and that's all you have to do.

There are TV stations from everywhere. My genius idea was to use a TV app to do research for locations. Want to set a book in Hawaii? Just download some of the TV station apps from Hawaii. You get to see what's making the local news there, the weather, etc.

Takeaway Truth

Truly the first plug and play device I've ever experienced! I highly recommend this Fire TV Stick with Voice Remote. We've ordered another for our house in the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment