Escape to the Country

Escape to the Country? Yes, that's what Darling Hubby and I did last night. We're finishing up the landscaping at our house in the country and praying we don't play unwilling host to another armadillo--ever!

Escape to the Country is also what I got sucked into this morning. The news was too depressing as I had my morning coffee. I turned that off and cruised Netflix for an interesting documentary.

I found Escape to the Country, a BBC series, that proved to be far too addictive. You can also see episodes on YouTube.

Instead of writing all day, as was my plan, I binge watched this series where real estate agents show country properties to English city dwellers wanting to escape the urban environment.

In watching, I visited Wales, Dorset, Leistershire, Devon, Shropshire, the Midlands, the Scottish Highlands, and so many other locales. It was like a scenic tour of England's countryside.

For a writer, this would be an amazing series for research and local flavor. For this writer, it game me lots of ideas.

If I ever win the lotto (yeah, I know I have to actually buy a ticket instead of just thinking about it), I plan to buy a thatched cottage in Dorset. (My husband's family is from Robert Ryves of Dorset. We even have the documentation to prove it.)

We'll be the weird Americans from Texas that everyone will gossip about. (I think I better buy a new western hat and some boots to fulfill the image.)

Takeaway Truth

I pried myself away from the television. Now I write.

No comments:

Post a Comment