Review: The Man in Gull Cottage by Caroline Clemmons


I'm reading the stories in Last Chance Beach: Summer's End, and I'm reviewing them one story at a time.


Thursday I reviewed Something New by Liz Flaherty

Sunday I reviewed I Do...Again by Nancy Fraser.

Today, I'm reviewing The Man in Gull Cottage by Caroline Clemmons.

She faces a hard decision; he encourages her to choose with her heart. Will the solution drive them apart or into one another's arms?

I was glad to see a Contemporary Romance by Caroline Clemmons. I've read her western historical romance novels before and enjoyed them, but I'm mostly a contemporary romance reader.

The Man in Gull Cottage is Carter Harte, a reclusive famous person, but I won't tell you what the source of his fame is. No spoilers. Carter is one of the lucky few who actually owns beachfront property. Everything about him says wealth yet Zara Webb initially sees him as a beach bum because of the worn clothes he wears on his daily runs. 


Despite this, Zara finds herself attracted to Carter. Everything about him appeals to her—his intelligence, kindness, his charm. 

Everything she feels is reciprocated by Carter, yet he remains secretive about his identity.

Ms. Clemmons weaves a story that seems to be the perfect romance, but nothing is really perfect, is it? 

Zara is at a crossroads with a decision to make that will determine the course of the rest of her life. Carter's advice to Zara only complicates her decision.

What will Zara do? 

That's a nice surprise you'll enjoy discovering. Last Chance Beach: Summer's End is only 99cents so grab a copy today.

Also pick up a free copy of Cocktails on Last Chance Beach with a recipe from each author and why she chose that recipe. You'll also get to read an excerpt from each story in the boxset.

Takeaway Truth

Boxsets are great beach reads at only 99cents for 14 all-new romance short stories. Get a copy today!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review, Joan. I appreciate the effort you put into the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *LOL* Sometimes I'm just too doggedly stubborn to give up on getting something to work right. Great story, Caroline.

      Delete
  2. I’m on Chapter 6 RIGHT now! Loving this story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too. Finished yours last night and will review it this week. Loved it!

      Delete
  3. It was a lovely story, and one of my favorite covers ever!

    ReplyDelete