A couple of weeks ago, I received an email asking me to review a new online digital illustration application called FotoJet.
Coincidentally, at the same time, I had 2 author friends ask me what software of app I used to create my graphic image teasers I use on Twitter, Facebook, et al.
So I thought I'd review FotoJet to see if it would help my friends.
Today, I had it on my calendar to play around with FotoJet to see if I should review it which means in my world that I also recommend it. (I just don't review anything unless I think it's worthwhile. There are plenty of websites that like to dump on people and projects so I see no point in piling on also.)
I could give the review in one word: marvelous! However, I think you probably want to know more about it than that.
I normally use a very old software package I bought years and years ago for digital illustration. I've always worried about what I'd do if that program suddenly died or wasn't supported by all the computer updates that's the bane of any computer user's existence.
Now, I have a backup. I'd just use FotoJet to make the graphic image/text book teasers I create. As it is, I plan to use it regularly any way. Here's why.
- User-friendly. Unlike many of the graphic image/photo editing software apps available online for free and upgraded use, FotoJet is just darn easy. There is NO learning curve. Just register an account--just get the basic free account to try it out. You'll see a Menu Bar at the top of the page that says: Collage, Design, Edit.
- Pop-up Tips. Select 1 of the 3 items on the menu bar, and you'll see templates. Select one. That template opens and you have choices of how to customize it. There are pop-up tips to help you get started.
- Design offers Social Media Templates. No more guessing about the latest size for a Facebook banner. Just choose the template you want.
- Save your work. Even with the basic account package, you're allowed to save your design to your computer.
- Edit Photos. The photo editing is easy and quick.
- Upgraded accounts are inexpensive. See below.
The basic account will probably work for most users. I'm graphics intensive so I think I want the Upgrade. These are the advantages to the upgraded account:
- No annoying ads. Yep. Ads bother me, and there are big ones on the FotoJet website design pages.
- Advanced editing tools. You may not need that, but I sometimes do.
- 600+ premium templates. That's a staggering amount, and I want them!
- 20+ Premium photo effects.
- 300+ Premium clip art files.
- Premium Shapes, Overlays, and Frames.
- Priority support service. Frankly, I rarely need that, but many of you aren't familiar with graphic illustration so this would be a good fallback for you.
- Upgrade price is only $4.99 a month if you pay month by month. If you pay for a year in advance, it's only $2.91!!! That's just $34.92 per year.
Rarely do I find an app that is just flat easy to use regardless of one's skill level. FotoJet is that. I think you'll like it if you give it a try. It's so much easier than UNNAMED graphic image website most authors are using.
Remember to stop by SlingWords on December 9 for Santa's Bargain Book Shop. I have lots of free and 99cent books listed for holiday buying and gift-giving. I even include instructions on how to give an ebook as a gift when you don't know the recipient's Amazon Email Address. (Jina Bacarr created a fabulous video about the event and was kind enough to include my free book with hers. Watch it on YouTube and give Jina a thumbs-up-Like. Watch here.