Texas Heat

By 9:00 this morning, it was 103 degrees F. Whoa! Now that's hot, even for Texas. I could probably get my darling hubby to take a picture of me frying an egg on the driveway, but why waste a good egg?

Native Grass Is Tough Stuff

We have a mostly natural landscape of buffalo grass and wildflowers on our property. We mow only the area around the house so we don't get any nasty surprises from varmints or snakes.

Keeping up with mowing our property in the Hill Country is challenging, but not impossible because we have a "lawn tractor" as they are called. I always called these things riding lawn mowers. Sometimes I think James Dent was right when he said: "A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken."

Of course a broken lawn mower would mean the grass here would probably be thigh high by the time it was repaired.

One of these days, I'll have to get my hubby to take a picture of me bouncing around on our riding lawn mower. I'm kind of petite so if I bounce too high on the seat, the mower automatically disengages. Because of this, when I mow, it's usually a stop-and-go process.

Texas Weather

Up here, the days are hot, but the evenings cool to about 70 degrees which is perfect for sitting on the porch and looking at the stars. Although hot, June is delightful because of this. It reminds me of what Bern Williams said: "If a June night could talk, it would probably boast it invented romance."

Takeaway Truth

Enjoy the waning days of June wherever you may be.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Joan, its been a while since I popped in. Gee! that's hot! And I thought we had it bad here in Florida! Yeah, love to see a photo of you on a lawn tractor!

    Stay cool! And have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Jacqueline, nice to see you again. Hope your Sunday is great too.

    ReplyDelete