Curve Balls

The lovely and talented Carrie Underwood said: "You never know what curve balls life is going to throw you and there's no way I can predict anything or make any assumptions about what the rest of my life is going to be like."

Seriously!

Gosh, I hate to even tell you about all the life crap that has come down the pike in the last several weeks. If I did, you'd think this black cloud hovered over my head and followed me everywhere.

After 2 weeks of federal jury service preceded by 6 weeks of cleaning out clutter, packing and moving stuff I should have got rid of, I thought life was calming down. I was wrong.

We did get our house up for sale. Then the surgeries commenced. Two were scheduled; one was emergency. Fortunately, all my loved ones came out okay. Post-op visits start this week, and I'm the driver.

First though, I'm off to visit my brother who is on enforced rest for two weeks after his surgery. He's an outdoorsman who is not used to "taking it easy" so he's not a happy homebound patient at the moment.

I'm going to visit him a couple of days to keep him company and hopefully adhering to the doctor's orders then I'm back for post ops.

Takeaway Truth

Sometimes when life throws curve balls, you just have to step into the pitch, swing, and hope for the best.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you're going through some rough times. I hope those curve balls ease up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Maria. The trick is to keep smiling, right? I blogged about that today on SMART GIRLS READ ROMANCE.

    http://smartgirlsreadromance.blogspot.com/2013/06/make-em-laugh-by-joan-reeves.html

    ReplyDelete