Power outtages

My power goes off more frequently here than any place I've ever lived - and I've lived a bunch of places from Japan to east of the Mississippi. I don't know why this is the situation, but it sure is annoying.

This is the second day in a row when the electricity has blipped on and off with as much unpredictability as a Texas twister. I scurry around powering down computers and peripherals then turn off the battery backups which are bleeping like crazy. I always think there should be some recorded announcement like on Stargate when they set the auto self-destruct: The battery backup will detonate in 3 minutes. And thus the countdown begins with a constant recorded reminder from the calm female voice.

I thought I'd get these revisions finished today, but the electric utility obviously had different plans. At least I can go make coffee now.

Sling Words out.

No comments:

Post a Comment