Want a Cocktail? Try a Thankstini

I fought the crowds in the supermarket today.

It was more frantic than a BOGO sale at Neiman Marcus—if that upscale department store actually had a BOGO sale which they don't.

After filling a shopping cart, checking out, trundling the cart to my car, risking a hernated disk by loading the gazillion plastic bags in the trunk of my car, driving home through suicide alley aka my local freeway, unloading the car, lugging the bags inside, putting away enough food to stave off the next famine, and collapsing on the sofa while I wondered what I could cook for tonight's dinner, I thought of the perfect drink to go with my exhaustion and general disgruntlement.

The Thankstini

Ah, yes. a cocktail sure to knock the stuffing out of you if grocery shopping didn't do it. The Thankstini, created by Barney Stinson of How I Met Your Mother.

Never heard of it? Then you must not be a Barney Stinson fan. Barney described it this way: "A fun and delicious new novelty drink I invented. Cranberry juice, potato vodka, and a bouillon cube. Tastes just like a turkey dinner."

Takeaway Truth

I could have served Thankstinis and saved a fortune on turkey, gravy, white potatoes, yams, cranberry sauce, green beans, salads, pumpkin pie, lemon pie, apple cake, Jello salad, etc. Hope I didn't forget the Alka Seltzer!

No comments:

Post a Comment