Short and Sweet: Tax Return Done!

Hurray! I finished our tax return today. One day earlier than I finished it last year.

A whopping 3 months before it's actually due thanks to the COVID tax deadline moving to July.

Whee! I feel such a relief crossing that off my to-do list. Now I can move on to more creative endeavors.

I like what these wise men of old had to say about the income tax.

Albert Einstein said: "The hardest thing in the world to understand is the income tax." Gee if he couldn't understand it what chance do we mere average Americans have?

American humorist Will Rogers said: "The difference between death and taxes is death doesn't get worse every time Congress meets."

Author H. L. Mencken said: "Unquestionably, there is progress. The average American now pays out twice as much in taxes as he formerly got in wages.

Takeaway Truth

Oh, well, we curmudgeons all agree on what American humorist Arthur Godfrey once said: "I’m proud to be paying taxes in the United States. The only thing is, I could be just as proud for half the money."

No comments:

Post a Comment