Wind

Yesterday, I saw the previews for a new TV series called Klondike, set in the Klondike Gold Rush. That made me think about the California Gold Rush.

My thoughts leapfrogged to the musical Paint Your Wagon, set in the California Gold Rush. Looking out across the back of our property, I could see the windsock at the airport as it extended, completely horizontal, from the fierce north wind.

Wind

When I was a very young girl, I heard the song, They Call the Wind Maria, and fell in love with that song. Maybe that haunting song of longing for love is why I like windy days.

They Call the Wind Maria (pronounced muh-rye-uh) was the most popular song from the aforementioned 1951 Broadway musical, Paint Your Wagon. (Lyrics by Alan J. Lerner and music by Frederick Loewe.) In the 70's, I saw the movie version of the musical and totally loved it. The song  was, I understand, a huge hit and was one of the most rquested songs by troops during the Korean War.

If you don't know the song, listen to it on a remastered YouTube video with Harve Presnell, who sang it in the movie version, performing it.

Wind often makes me feel as if it's blowing away negativity and bringing new energy.

Motivational speaker Jim Rohn said: "You cannot change the circumstances, the seasons, or the wind, but you can change yourself. That is something you have charge of."

Takeaway Truth

You can't change the wind so just imagine it blowing away the bad stuff and allowing good things to flow in and surround you.

No comments:

Post a Comment