Review: Jessica's Guide To Dating On The Dark Side

This title won me over and made me grab this book: Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey. I have to admit that the story lived up the great title.

This is a book, labeled Children which means Young Adult, and it's funny and poignant, filled with high school angst, young love, and the quest to save the soul of a vampire -- who is, of course, totally hot as all young male vampires should be. Right?

As is my custom when I review ebooks, I give the Kindle Buy Link because I read most books on my Kindle. However, I'm certain every book I review is available at most ebook sellers so look for them on the platforms that match your ebook reading device. (Want your own Kindle? Click here.)

Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side is peopled with great characters from Jessica, the brainy heroine who spends every waking minute trying to be invisible, to the studly young vampire Lucius who claims she is a vampire princess and his promised bride.

The author's surname, Fantaskey, amused me with its similarity to fantastic. She's certainly penned a fantastic story that is wryly amusing and compelling.

Takeaway Truth

Try something different for your weekend reading pleasure. Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side fits that niche perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment