OMG! It's Monday

Today is the day that I start my exercise program again. That's what I've been telling myself for, oh, the last 3 months. I made the New Year's Resolution to take better care of myself, but I don't believe in jumping in without giving the matter careful consideration. Some might call this procrastination.

Marsha Dobel said: "I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing."

Aha! That's what I'm doing wrong. I've got to sneak up on my brain. Otherwise, it guesses what I'm up to and makes it completely impossible to follow through. So my inability to exercise in the early morning isn't my fault. It's that sneaky, conniving, no good brain of mine.

Who knew? I thought I was just lazy. When in fact, my brain is too alert and cannot be easily deceived.

I think I'll have another cup of coffee and think about ways to put one over on my brain. Any ideas?

Takeaway Truth

Is it smart to procrastinate endlessly on good intentions? Duh!

No comments:

Post a Comment