6 Book Tag

Hey, doesn't that sound like a great book title? Or maybe a funky dance? Maryann Miller tagged me. I'm actually away from regular email for a few weeks so I'm late in playing.

6 Things About Me and Books

1. The first book I ever received as a gift from a friend for my birthday was: A Cap for Kathy, a novel about a young nurse. By the way, it did not make me want to be a nurse. Oh, I still own it. It's in my children's bookcase.

2. The first book I can remember weeping over was Rusty, A Cocker Spaniel. I was in the 3rd grade I think.

3. Favorite movie about a book writer: Romancing The Stone.

4. My favorite book manuscript that I wrote: In the Garden of Memory. So far unpublished.

5. I reread books because as you grow and change, what you get from books changes. Six books that I've read several times: Watchers, also Lightning, by Dean Koontz; Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier; Artifact by Gregory Benford; The Forever King by Molly Cochran and Warren Murphy; The Career Novelist by Donald Maass.

6. Only in the last few years have I been able to read a book, place a bookmark, close the book, and set it aside until I again have free time to read. Prior to that, I simply could not put a book down until I'd finished it even if it meant staying up all night to read. I'm either growing as a person, or I'm not finding as many compelling page turners as I did in previous decades. Or maybe I just need my sleep more now than before.

I tag:

Michael Haskins

Sweet But Sassy Adina

Bill Crider

Cait London

L. C. Hayden

Tell 6 book things about yourself.

Takeaway Truth

Memes are fun but I won't hold it against you if you don't join in because some people view these as annoying as chain letters. (On the subject, don't send me one because I absolutely will NOT participate whether it's by snail or email.)

No comments:

Post a Comment