School Days

I don't know about your part of the world, but here school is beginning. My younger daughter is a teacher. She and her peers aren't in it for the income, but for the outcome.

Just like the students, teachers have mixed emotions about the start of school--part dread and part excitement.

In honor of the beginning of a new school year, I have 2 quotations for you today.


"Education is learning what you didn't even know you didn't know." ~ Daniel Boorstin

From one of the wisest teachers: "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." ~ Dr. Seuss

Takeaway Truth

Have a great school year!

2 comments:

  1. Great quotes. My daughter is a teacher, too, and we just did the thing with filling the Walmart cart with supplies last week because there are never enough. It's one of my favorite times with her, because she was as excited for her 20th year of teaching as she was for the first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always shop with my daughter too for school supplies. Love the smell of Crayons. Wrote a blog post about them once. *g* When she was going to school from kindergarten on, I took a picture of her in front of the door on the first day of school each year. I can look at those photos and see her growth from year to year. Ah, I miss those days.

      Delete