Winners To Be Announced Today

I'm baccckkkk! Arrived yesterday about 4:30 from nearly a week of helping younger daughter unpack her gazillion boxes that arrived with her furniture.

I immediately put my jammies on and collapsed into the bed. Woke up about 7:00, had some yogurt, went back to bed and slept until the sun blasted me out of bed.

She and s-i-l are thrilled with their first house  purchase. Now they just need to make it their home.

Winners Announced

At the moment,darling hubby and I are getting ready to tackle the marauding grass and weeds on our little bit of the Hill Country. The grass here grows, like the song says, as high as an elephant's eye if you don't mow every week.

It's already 90 degrees and just past 8:00. Sipping my first cup of coffee as I write this. Going to go after the grass first. Then, later today, I'll have the pleasure of reading all the comments posted while I was gone to the land of a new house with no WiFi. (No gas either until yesterday afternoon which made showers an eye-opening experience!)

Later today, I'll post the names of the winners and notify the sponsors of who won their gifts.

Takeaway Truth

Things that won't wait: children who need parental help, growing native grasses in the Texas Hill Country, and hubby who's cranking up the riding mower. See you later today.

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're back. It's been raining here for the last week and still raining today!!!
    kac_030 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Send some of the rain our way. We're in a burn ban again along with most counties in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Joan,

    Just a brief thank you for the nice surprise. Also thinking how great the internet is because I can communicate with the touch of a finger with other writers and readers all over the U.S. and throughout the entire world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline Seewald ... You're welcome! Totally agree about the Internet making connections and relationships so easy.

    ReplyDelete