I haven't blogged daily as is my habit. I've been having trouble making time to accomplish many tasks, but only 15 more days to the wedding! Woo hoo! Can't wait for daughter and fiance to tie the knot. Then maybe I can breathe a sigh of relief and get back to my life. *g*
If you're waiting for my Valentine gift, be patient. I had planned to get them in the mail this week, but real life and appointments interfered. However, they are packaged so Monday they go in the mail.
Let's end this frantic week with some belly laughs. How about some funny, but wise, aphorisms that one of my BFFs sent?
Aphorism: a short, pointed sentence that expresses a wise or clever observation, general truth or adage. The following dozen certainly fit that definition.
1. The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow.
2. Money will buy a fine dog but only kindness will make him wag his tail.
3. Seat belts are not as confining as wheelchairs.
4. A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep water.
5. How come it takes so little time for a child who is afraid of the dark to become a teenager who wants to stay out all night?
6. Why is it that at class reunions you feel younger than everyone else looks ?
7. No one has more driving ambition than the boy who wants to buy a car.
8. No one ever says "It's only a game" when their team is winning.
9. Be careful reading the fine print. There's no way you're going to like it.
10. Do you realize that in about 40 years we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos? (And rap music will be the Golden Oldies!)
11. Money can't buy happiness - but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a Corvette than in an old Toyota Corolla.
12. Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job.
Life's too short not to laugh. If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all.