Suspense Novels

I've been reading several suspense novels this last week. The best of the lot was Flee by J. A. Konrath and Ann Voss Peterson. After I finished Flee, I remembered something I'd read a long time ago so I went looking for the exact quotation.

Jeffery Deaver, another of my favorite suspense novelists, said: "...I have to describe what I think is my responsibility as a thriller writer: To give my readers the most exciting roller coaster ride of a suspense story I can possibly think of."

Takeaway Truth

That is the perfect description of an excellent suspense novel, whether it's one of Mr. Deaver's or the recently-published Flee by Konrath and Peterson.

2 comments:

  1. I've never read Flee, but I love Jeffrey Deaver. I'll have to add Flee to my list. I definitely love exciting roller coaster rides!
    Have you read Sinful Liasons by JC Gardner? It's one of my recent favorite suspense novels. It has a dash of romance, too. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Emily. Haven't read JC GArdner. Will have to give a look. Flee is, well, wow, just read it.

    Thanks for visiting.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete