Life's Curve Balls

You won't see too much of me this summer I'm afraid. I'm forced to take the summer off. Don't think I mentioned it on this blog, but my daughter had orthopedic surgery last week. It's the kind of surgery that requires someone to take care of her on a 24/7 basis for a while.

Next week she'll go into a hard cast so she won't be quite so fragile. Right now though, life is rather challenging. I think since last week I've had maybe a grand total of 2 hours of sleep each 24 hour period. The good news is that she is doing well.

After she's in her hard cast, she'll have a couple of weeks to adjust before she, with me in tow as care giver and companion, leave for grad school. Think I'm going to have to break down and get a new laptop with wifi so I can continue writing and stay in touch.

Takeaway Truth

Sometimes life throws curve balls, and they're the size of bowling balls so you better be prepared to roll with the punches.

3 comments: