Meet Main Street Author Joan Reeves

I've reduced the price of my Christmas Cinderella romance from $3.99 to only 99 cents for Christmas so I'm interviewing myself -- freaky, huh -- to tell you about it. With tongue firmly planted in cheek, I decided to interview myself the way I had interviewed the Authors of Main Street, one of my group blogs.

Although I'm one of the Authors of Main Street, I was unable to participate in their box set Christmas on Main Street (See Remodeling Hell below). I tried to do my part by writing the Foreword as my contribution to the group effort and have promoted the box set and those authors who participated.

Indeed, the Christmas on Main Street box set is available at an amazing price -- only 99 cents for 11 Christmas stories. That won't wreck your budget, and it makes a great gift for your reading friends.
Give an Amazon Gift card or a gift card from your favorite ebook seller for the box set.

Remodeling Hell

I wanted to participate in the box set, but I've been moving since July, or so it seems. First, we moved everything into storage after selling our home. We moved most of my office up to our Hill Country home. We had bought a townhouse in Houston but couldn't move in until the remodeling is completed. Well, you know how that kind of story goes.

We ended up moving in before remodeling was completed so I'm living in remodeling hell. It's like one of those horror stories on HGTV. Every day brings more plaster dust and more things that have been found that need to be fixed. The dollar signs are spinning around behind my eyeballs like a manic slot machine.

Progress on the book I was finishing, Cinderella Blue, Book 2: San Antone Two Step, came to a screeching halt. Needless to say, I did not have time to write something new for Christmas on Main Street. So I wrote the Foreword for the box set.

Nobody's Cinderella

Although I'm not in the box set, I do have a Christmas book available. Nobody's Cinderella (A Christmas Romantic Comedy) is Book 1, San Antone Two-Step.

For a limited time, the price of Nobody's Cinderella has been reduced from $3.99 to only 99 cents.

Here goes my self-interview about this Christmas Cinderella story.

Good morning, Joan. *G* Welcome to SlingWords. Please tell us more about your book.

Darcy Benton is a Christmas Cinderella, and she's the oldest cliche in the world—a woman in love with her boss. Other than that, she's no-nonsense, practical, mature, and sober. She's just the kind of woman Chase Whitaker wants as head of accounting for his company. She's definitely not the kind of woman he wants in his bed.

Enter Darcy's meddling, matchmaking best friend who has a plan to transform Darcy into a hottie designed to attract Chase's interest. All it takes? A couple of little lies—and a wish on a Christmas star.

Darcy should have heeded that old advice: be careful what you wish for.


SlingWords: What inspired you to write this particular holiday story?

Joan: A really cold blustery December day I spent in San Antonio.

SlingWords: What is your favorite holiday memory?

Joan: When I was very small, my older brother and I got to open the presents under the tree as soon as Santa Claus had delivered them. We each got a Micky Mouse flashlight and spent the rest of the night shining the lights on the ceiling and making patterns in the dark. I've always thought flashlights make a great kid gift so I always give one to little kids. In fact, this year I have a box of little red flashlights on a keychain to give away.

SlingWords: Just about everyone has a holiday horror story. What's the worst Christmas you ever spent?

Joan: Like so many, it involves the death of a loved one. My beloved grandfather passed away on a Christmas Eve. He was 100 years old, and he had the best attitude about life. He had told me the summer before when I visited that it would be the last time he would see me on this side -- that he wouldn't be around on Christmas Day. (Prescience seems to be in my mother's family's DNA. The stories I could tell about things that many of us have "seen" prior to the event taking place!)

SlingWords: What's the title of your next individual book?

Joan: Cinderella Blue which is the sequel to Nobody's Cinderella. Like all my romantic comedies, it has romance, sex, humor, and heartwarming home truths. Cinderella Blue: Love means never having to say, "You're under arrest."

Buy Nobody's Cinderella

Amazon

All Romance eBooks

iTunes

Kobo

Nook

Visit Joan Reeves Online

Website: www.JoanReeves.com
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/author/joanreeves
Joan's Blog: http://slingwords.blogspot.com/
Joan's Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/JoanReevesAuthor/videos

Takeaway Truth

Enjoy Nobody's Cinderella (A Christmas Romantic Comedy) and grab a gift card for a friend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment