Is It Raining Men?

I love a rainy day. When I see the rain fall all day long, I start humming some of my favorite songs. There's just something about rainy day music.

The last few weeks here in the Texas Hill Country have been as dry as an overcooked Thanksgiving turkey with triple digit temperatures that make you loathe to leave air conditioning.

Drizzle To Downpour

The rain started during the night and continued until mid-morning. It was lovely so I sat on the porch and had my morning coffee. The rain smells so much better in the country, I guess because there's no pollution to taint it. Softly, the drizzle pattered on the steps leading from the porch, and the trees and coastal bermuda grass seemed to visibly perk up.

Rainy Day Mix

When I came inside, I put on the songs I'd put together a couple of years ago on a CD.

It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls

Want to see the video? I could put The Weather Girls up, but, hey, ladies, how about this one with the "Magic Mike" crew instead.

Rainy Day Women #12 & 35 by Bob Dylan

Gosh, I still love this song. Here's a YouTube video that is only audio -- go figure. I guess it had original photography from Dylan's stoned days.

Texas Flood by Stevie Ray Vaughan

There's a long version and a short version. This YouTube video with Stevie Ray, one of the greatest guitarists of all time, is the long version.

Who'll Stop The Rain by CCR

Here's the YouTube video of one of the greatest rock bands of all time, Creedence Clearwater Revival. It's mostly the song with stills of CCR.

Have You Ever Seen The Rain? by CCR

Another great song about rain from Creedence Clearwater Revival and YouTube video of CCR. Again, the song with stills of CCR.

Guess I'll finish this post off with Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain by Willie Nelson.

This is the kind of song you play with your iPod set on repeat -- and a big glass of forget-liquor in your hand. Tears are optional. Here's the video. Again, the song with stills of Willie.

Takeaway Truth

Gosh! I love music, and I love YouTube too!

No comments:

Post a Comment