My Fantasy Top 10 Rock & Roll Concerts

I've been to several rock and roll concerts in my life, but there were a few groups that I missed seeing.

Yesterday, Darling Hubby and I were watching various Rock & Roll Hall of Fame performances on YouTube.

What did we ever do before YouTube was invented?

He and I started talking about the bands we wanted to see but missed due to various reasons—too young, too broke at the time, tour never came near us, and just bad timing.

We made a list so I thought I'd share it with you since the 2020 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame recipients will be inducted in November with the ceremony being televised on HBO.

2020 Inductees to Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

  • Depeche Mode (oldest son loved them)
  • The Doobie Brothers (we saw them several times and they were awesome each time)
  • Whitney Houston
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • The Notorious B.I.G.
  • T-Rex. (love Bang a Gong: Get It On)
  • Jon Landau &Irving Azoff, Ahmet Ertegun Award.

My Fantasy Top 10 Rock & Roll Concerts

This was going to be a list of 5. Once I started thinking about it, the list grew.

Since this is a fantasy list, I guess I could list famous artists who have passed, but I'll save that for another day.

Today, the list is composed of artists still alive even though they may be past the age of cavorting on stage.

  1. Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band. My love for their music is right up there with my love for music by The Eagles. Mr. Seger came to the House of Blues in Houston last year, but the tickets were nearly $900.00 per person. Had to pass on that.
  2. Three Dog Night. Missed them last year when they came to Houston.
  3. Grand Funk Railroad
  4. Creedence Clearwater Revival
  5. Journey
  6. ZZ Top
  7. Santana
  8. Steely Dan
  9. Foreigner
  10. Genesis

Takeaway Truth

Since tickets are so expensive now, I'd have to sell a stadium full of books to afford 2 tickets.

Hurry, go buy one of my books!

No comments:

Post a Comment