Alexa Skill Review: Guided Meditation

Do you meditate? Despite my best intentions, I never make the time to do so.

My daughter does, and I often joke that I try, but I fall asleep every time.

I have as much stress, or maybe more, than most people so I decided to make an effort and try guided meditation. YouTube has some good ones, but I have to open the app, find the one I want to use on the playlist I set up, and...

By then, I've tuned in a movie. I saw this free Alexa Skill for Guided Meditation and enabled it to try.

Guided Meditation: Meditation of the Day for Calm

This skill is by Stop, Breathe & Think and it has 338 reviews averaging 4.3 out of 5 so I thought it was worth a try to see if it would help me relax at the end of a long day.

Enable the skill then simply say, “Alexa, open Guided Meditation,” to get started. You can also say, "Alexa, ask Guided Meditation to play the meditation of the day."

This meditation skill features over 70 guided meditations designed to reduce stress and anxiety. Every day the skill offers a new meditation of the day. They are between 1 and 9 minutes long. So every day you get a different one.

If you don't like the one that plays, just say, "Play next," to jump to a different meditation.

Guided Meditation Skill Details
  • If you have difficultires, email: support@stopbreathethink.com.
  • Contains dynamic content.
  • Invocation Name: guided meditation
  • Supported Languages: English (AU), English (CA), English (GB), English (IN), English (US), Spanish (ES), Spanish (MX), Spanish (US)
Takeaway Truth

If you're feeling tired, stressed, and sleep-deprived, give Guided Meditation on Alexa a try. You may be surprised by how well it works. I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment