My Top 10 Fave Christmas Songs

Those who write song lyrics are experts in using few words to express profound thoughts that touch the emotions.

Music is always a big part of my life, and that's especially true at Christmas. So here's my Top 10 list, in no particular order, of favorite holiday songs. Click the song, and you can listen on YouTube. I've included a buy link if you want to grab your own copy.

1. Merry Texas Christmas, Y'all by Asleep at the Wheel (At Amazon. Just click on the title of the song if you want only that song.) 

2. Mele Kalikimaka, Hawaiian Christmas Song, by Bing Crosby (At Amazon. Just click on the title of the song if you want only that song.) Several artists like Jimmy Buffett, Kacey Musgraves, and others have recorded this, but this is the one I grew up listening to so it's my fave. Thanks, Mom!)

3. Donde Esta Santa Clause by Straight No Chaser. (At Amazon. From the Christmas Cheers album which I totally love! Just click on the title of the song if you want only that song.)

4. Santa Claus is Back in Town by Kurt Russell in the movie Christmas Chronicles. Yes, that's really Kurt singing. In case you didn't know, he played Elvis in a couple of movies in his earlier career. (I couldn't find this single available anywhere, and the movie is only available on Netflix.)

5. Last Christmas by Wham. I like this song so much I used it and the sense of the song as the premise for a holiday romance, also called Last Christmas. (At Amazon. Just click on the title of the song if you want only that song.)

6. Please Come Home for Christmas by The Eagles, our all-time favorite band. (At Amazon. Just click on the title of the song if you want only that song.)

7. Do You Hear What I Hear? by Bing Crosby. Thanks again to Mom. (At Amazon. Just click on the title of the song if you want only that song.)

8. Silent Night by Josh Groban or by just about anyone. Many years ago when I wrote for the newspaper, I had the pleasure of interviewing a descendant of Franz Gruber who wrote the music for what became Silent Night.

9. I Love Those Jingle Bells by Frank Sinatra. Thanks to Mom. (At Amazon. Just click on the title of the song if you want only that song.)

10. A Holly Jolly Christmas by Burl Ives. Thanks to the animated feature!  (At Amazon. Just click on the title of the song if you want only that song.)

Takeaway Truth

That's my list—at least it is today. Check with me tomorrow, and I might list some different songs.

Love Pandora, Spotify, and Amazon Prime Music!

No comments:

Post a Comment