A lot of people give thanks for Tums, Gaviscon, etc. after indulging in the annual turkey, dressing, ham, yams, and more side dishes than should be legal.
And I haven't even mentioned desserts!
Every year I make a fresh cranberry and orange relish instead of buying the stuff in a can.
|Cranberries-957583_1920, by Alexey Hulsov, Pixabay|
Joan's Cranberry-Orange Relish
1 large navel orange, do not peel
1 12-ounce bag of fresh cranberries
1/2 to 1 cup of sugar
(1) Wash the cranberries, picking out any squishy ones.
(2) Place in a colander and shake out excess water.
(3) Wash and dry the navel orange.
(4) Cut the orange into cubes and place in a food processor
(5) Pulse on high until it's cut into tiny pieces. Add 1/2 cup of sugar and pulse again.
|Image by S. Hermann & F. Richter, Pixabay|
(7) If it's sweet enough, stop now. If the cranberries and orange were really tart, you may have to add another 1/4 cup of sugar. If you do, pulse to combine all.
(8) Place in a covered container and refrigerate.
That's all there is to this super easy, fresh fruit relish.
If you have any left over, use it to make Cranberry Orange Muffins! Absolutely delicious.