Review: How To Starve Cancer by Jane McLelland

Since 2000, we have lost 6 people in our family whom we loved to cancer. Now my younger brother is fighting this scourge on humanity.

NOTE: I am not a doctor. I am not saying try this treatment protocol.

What I'm saying is leave no stone unturned in a quest for surviving cancer.

In my opinion, this book is important so I'm giving away a Kindle copy of it.

Giveaway

To be entered in a Random Drawing for a Kindle edition of How to Starve Cancer ...Without Starving Yourself by Jane McLelland, just leave a comment on this post, with your email address written out, not as a hot link. You have from now until Friday evening to do this.

I'll draw a name using Random Name Picker app and notify the winner by email.

Now, read on so I can tell you why I think it's important to read this book if you have a loved one with cancer or if you're concerned about getting cancer because of a family history of the disease.

Backstory

My brother has become quite the adept medical researcher, and I read everything he finds about various medical protocols and treatments from the contemporary, usually covered by medical insurance, to the alternative, usually paid for out of your own pocket.

Available at Amazon
He found How to Starve Cancer ...Without Starving Yourself by Jane McLelland. He read it in one night and called to ask me to read it immediately.

I grabbed the Kindle edition of this book, but before I was a fourth of the way through, I knew I wanted the print version.

I wanted to highlight the various treatments tried in studies both in the U.S. and abroad that had proved successful but aren't usually told to cancer patients and their families.

The one drawback to the book is there is no index. I hope future editions will have that remedied. My darling husband has started an Excel spreadsheet with 2 columns.

The first column is for things that prevent cancer like supplements (berberine and dozens more) and lifestyle changes (eliminate sugar from your diet).

The second column is for things that kill cancer cells like supplements (berberine again, low dosage aspirin, and many more), lifestyle changes, and procedures (like IV Vitamin C therapy).

Many things used in combination can actually kill cancer cells.

McLelland is not opposed to chemotherapy but wants it used in the lowest dose possible that will kill cancer cells and used in combination with other treatments rather than using it in the highest dose possible that you can withstand without actually killing you.

However, blasting your body with chemo will kill your immune system, leaving you vulnerable to cancer that may rebound as if often does when you have had it. The book explains why.

Eye-Opening Exploration of Cancer Treatment

The stunning thing I have learned in reading this book and the white papers and other articles, all with citations to reputable journals, is that cancer is big business.

Image,Nebraska Department of Education, Pixabay
It's billions of dollars a year for cancer research hospitals, oncologists, pharmaceutical companies, etc.

Apparently, there is some thought that it will cost too much in lost revenue for those involved in finding a cure and/or treating cancer.

Frankly, I was horrified by the article about a Goldman-Sachs biotech research report, The Genome Report that asked the question: "Is curing patients a sound business model?"

They mentioned Hepatitis C and other diseases including cancer.

I've read unbelievable stories like the man in Oklahoma who cured his cancer with a veterinary medicine for dog de-worming called PanacurC in combination with high purity CBD oil, organic Vitamin E Compound containing 8 tocopherols, and an organic Curcumin Complex.

Then there's McLelland, listed as a quack by many, who dived headlong into researching cancer treatments because she has had cancer 4 times.

The book began as her journal of exploration into why she was so unlucky—luck had nothing to do with it—to suffer through this so often. All treatments mentioned were tested by herself in an attempt to keep cancer at bay.

She cites references for every protocol she tried and developed a "cocktail" of 4 common off-label drugs that have proved effective, along with other supplements and treatments, that have cured brain cancer, one of the cancers that rarely leaves survivors.

Remember the dog de-wormer I mentioned above? One of the 4 off-label drugs McLelland uses in her protocol is the human version of the canine de-wormer, PanacurC.

Another interesting thing I've learned is if there is a low-cost treatment available and anecdotal evidence that it works, eventually the big cancer research hospitals will test it—but never in the way that anecdotal evidence said it worked.

Example? Low doses of aspirin each day. That theory was tested in a controlled study. Instead of giving the low dose, they gave massive doses of aspirin to one group.

I'm surprised all those getting that didn't end up with bleeding stomachs. Conclusion by the research study? Aspirin is not effective in treating cancer. Testing various treatments, not as the way they were used successfully, seemed to be habitual by researchers. Why do it that way?

Then there are the herbal supplements used for centuries, like berberine. As far as I know, people aren't told to take it to prevent cancer, and cancer patients aren't told to take it as part of their "kill cancer" protocol. I guess they don't want you paying 30 bucks for a bottle of something that might help you when medical insurance companies can bill cancer hospitals 2.1 million to treat you.

Pharmaceutical companies study these supplements, especially the natural ones, trying to chemically synthesize the part of them that kills the cancer so they can create a drug from it. You can bet a bottle of that will cost far more than 30 bucks.

It seems to me that there's a conflict of interest around cancer treatment especially when there are millions at stake for cancer drugs and treatments. Shareholders in pharmaceutical companies, medical insurance companies, etc. want their profits.

Yes, I've become cynical.

114 Reviews on Amazon

I read every single review on Amazon and many were from patients who had cancer. One suffered from the type of cancer that killed my brother-in-law. He was still alive after being given a year to live. One suffered from the lung cancer that killed my husband's uncle. He survived. One woman had metastasized breast cancer and is surviving.

Reading all of these, it was easy to see that the few low reviews were from people involved in conventional cancer treatment. Every single one of the 6 relatives who died from cancer had conventional treatment. They were offered no options.

Image by Wokandapix from Pixabay
My personal opinion is that if you develop cancer, you should be offered every option available.

If you have cancer, you're in for the fight of your life.

You should know as much as possible whether you follow traditional treatment or alternative.

Arm yourself with information.

Takeaway Truth

If you have cancer or have a loved one fighting it, read How to Starve Cancer ...Without Starving Yourself by Jane McLelland. Leave a comment with your email address to be entered in the giveaway for a free Kindle copy.

P.S. If you can't wait to see if you win a copy, buy it on Kindle today. It's only $2.99.

16 comments:

  1. Every person in my family who's had cancer has died. They opted for traditional treatments, those their doctors recommended. If it were me, I'm pretty sure I'd try other avenues before resorting to chemo. Now, I've tried non invasive measures for my dogs when two of them came down with cancer. High protein/high fat diet, no carbs, turmeric, and a lower dose of Prednisone. Both survived cancer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that, Maria. With your dogs, you might look into the canine de-wormer that people are now using with success to kill cancer. The canine version is in the post. The human version is by prescription.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing this information, Joan. It’s a confirmation of what I already knew plus a lot more. Very grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Although many people read this review, no one left an email address with a comment. I'm disappointed I can't give a Kindle copy of this book away. Have a healthy, happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I unfortunately just saw this blog. I would love to read this book as I think it will help me on the journey I am about to start. At the very least thank you for the title and information. It is appreciated.

    LRHUBBLE at outlook dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was Diagnosed on the 13th sept 2018 with inoperable carcinoma colon cancer.
    I was give. 12-18 months.

    Offered palliative.
    chemo and stent so I could get home for what looked to be my last Christmas Dec 2018. I was just glad to see the birth of my third child and first daughter (born 13th Dec during my palliative chemo)
    She’s been my angel along with the incredible support and believe from my family and friends

    What I took to get to remission.

    2000 mg cbd oil 4 capsules (18-20 drops) x a day
    Thc oil 4 capsules (18-20 drops) x a day (feco 1:1 mct) 65-75% thc.

    I do this ‪‪at 08:00- 12:00‬‬ - ‪‪16:00 - 20:00‬

    Milk thistle twice a day
    Vitamin d3 twice a day.
    Curcumin twice a day.

    Vitamin c once a day
    Vitamin b once a day
    Cod liver oil.
    Vitamin e once a day
    Cellfood supplement in my water.

    4.5 gram a day everyday of panacur (999mg fenbendozle)
    started on the 22nd May 2019.

    ‬ I have reduced my sugar intake as much as possible and try to eat healthy. Salads, veg, chicken, and fish.
    I am also now drinking 5 cups of green tea a day and added berbine as of jan 2020 and added turkey tail mushrooms and lions mane mushrooms.

    Now I have reached remission. I have reduced what I take to a maintenance dosage.

    Now I’m taking

    Cbd morning and night. 1000mg
    turkey tail mushrooms
    lions mane mushrooms
    Vitamins D,C
    Aspirin
    Milk thistle
    Curcumin
    Cell food.

    💚💚💚💚💚🌱

    Last Pet scan showed no active cancer. (February 2020.)
    And the last CT scan two weeks ago now only shows scare tissue where the inoperable Tumour once was. So I’m well in route to being classed officially as cancer free. Don’t lose hope or faith. Keep fighting.
    ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your journey. My brother takes most of what you take and thinks the mushrooms are a key factor. He worked with an oncologist in Jane McLelland's network for a few months. After trying all of the alternative treatments, concluding with McLelland's, he finally decided he had to do something to kill the cancer that just wasn't responding.

      He went to the Oklahoma Proton Center for targeted radiation treatment. It was 3 months long and quite amazing in how it was all set up and done. The treatment is not one size fits all. It is tailored to each individual, including making a mold for a chair that he sat in while undergoing the proton treaatment.

      Through it all, he continued with his "clean" diet but stopped the supplements that the doctor asked him too. He exercised every day by taking long walks after the gym there closed because of COVID.

      He went home in May and is doing well. His PSA dropped from 14+ to less than 1. He's faithful to his healthy diet, supplements, and exercise. He's tested every 3 months, and so far, things are looking great.

      Delete
  6. Well done and congratulations. May I ask how much aspirin you took and how often. My situation is I wish to avoid adjuvant chemo for mopping up any circulating cancer cells there may be. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you misunderstood. It's my brother who had/has cancer. Please read the comment above by Scott Davis and my reply to him. Good luck. I pray things work out for you.

      Delete
  7. Hello, good review, I am just starting my journey and found it. I was wondering how your brother is doing? Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I gave a report on my brother just now. It's beneath the comment by Scott Davis. My brother is living life and feeling good. He has no side effects from the targeted proton treatment. He does think he responded so well to it because he had been following an organic healthy diet, mostly Mediterranean, and taking most of the supplements Mr. Davis mentions. He does make sure that the supplements he takes are from non-GMO, organically grown items. He spent a year doing every alternative thing possible, including paying big bucks to a cancer treatment hospital in Mexico (which I do NOT recommend at all). At the end of that first year, he discovered McLelland's book and added some supplements she recommended. But everything he did just seemed to hold the cancer at bay. It did not shrink or go away. That's when he decided the time had come to kill that damn tumor. McLelland mentions targeted chemo and radiation. That's what he looked for and found in the proton therapy. There are several different types of proton therapy. He investigated all of them, talked to the oncologists for each, and finally decided to go to Oklahoma to their proton center in Oklahoma City.

      Good luck and God bless you.

      Delete
  8. Great Blog Joan, how your brother feels?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for asking. He's feeling great and doing well. If you read my last comment on the post which was dated Nov. 21, 2020, then you know that he had proton therapy in Oklahoma City. That succeeded in killing the cancer. He thinks if he had found McLelland's book early in his journey, he might have been able to overcome the cancer using one of the oncologists in her network. However, he was smart enough to recognize that he needed more than the supplements and diet she recommends. The proton therapy was targeted directly at the tumor, which is the best way and does the least damage to one's immune system. He contracted CoVid in December 2020 and was sick only 2 weeks. He's back to all of his normal activities and his PSA has been rock bottom with every checkup.

      Delete
  9. I have reading difficulties so it's hard for me to understand the book my dad has stage 4 lung cancer nsclc andercarsonoma his pdl1 is 80% to 90% keytruda failed on him can someone please tell me all the things I need for this kind of cancer I'm willing to pay if someone can help me put together all the things from Jane mclelland book please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one thing McLelland's book lacks: an index. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I suggest you go online and enter a search query into a browser: Oncologists who use Jane McLelland's How to Starve Cancer methods. I do know she has a network of oncologists who use her approach. As I posted before, my brother with prostate cancer could not cure his cancer with all the alternative methods he tried. He only succeeded in keeping it from metastasizing. He eventually realized he needed something to kill the cancer. He went to the Proton Therapy Center in Oklahoma City. It's been a year now since that treatment, and he's doing well. I don't know anything about lung cancer and centers that treat it. If your dad has exhausted all conventional treatments then I encourage you to research online for other treatments that have proved successful. The Proton Therapy, designed for hard to reach cancers, isn't offered everywhere. So do some research and even call a treatment center and ask questions. My best wishes and prayers to your father and you.

      Delete