To Scum of the Earth Man Who Knifed My Daughter's Tire

Image by WikimediaImages from Pixabay
I want to tell you about a man in Houston who shops at a grocery store near Lake Houston Parkway and Beltway 8.

I'd like to see him wearing those handcuffs on his way to jail.

Last week my daughter parked in a handicap slot at the grocery store. She has a handicap license plate because she needs it. She has Adhesive Arachnoiditis, that's a spinal cord injury.

She never knows when the pain may be triggered. She can be perfectly normal one minute, and in the next be gasping in pain and hardly able to walk.

In the parking lot near her vehicle, she noticed a man giving her a dirty look. It made her uncomfortable, but she shrugged it off and went into the grocery store for a few items. When she came out of the store, she saw her rear tire was going flat.

Even though she wanted only to go home and rest, she went to the nearest tire store instead. That tire had been knifed several times in the sidewall!

She ended up spending 3 hours in an uncomfortable chair while they checked all the other tires and replaced the one that was knifed.

You scum of the earth owe her for a tire and for the next 3 days of pain she endured from the experience.

If you ever see someone doing something like that, immediately call 911 and report it. If it ever happens to you, report it. My daughter didn't because she felt intimidated since she shops at that store regularly.

Takeaway Truth

TO ALL OF YOU JUDGMENTAL IDIOTS OUT THERE WHO SEE A YOUNG PERSON WITH HANDICAP PLATES ON A VEHICLE, YOU NEED TO KNOW 1 THING.

NOT ALL HANDICAPS ARE VISIBLE ON THE OUTSIDE.


HOW DARE YOU DO THAT TO MY DAUGHTER OR TO ANYONE JUST BECAUSE YOU THINK SHE DIDN'T LOOK HANDICAPPED.


I WISH I KNEW WHO YOU WERE!!!

6 comments:

  1. OMG! This gets my blood boiling. I hope someone nails that bastard and teaches him a lesson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to wait a week before I wrote anything because I've been so furious about this incident. I was shaking as I wrote it. What he did was like kicking someone and stomping on them when they're already down for the count.

      Delete
  2. That's awful! Someone suggested looking at the security cameras. If your daughter didn't want to report it can you report it? Hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my experience 2 years ago when I was the victim of a hit and run driver, struck while crossing the street next to the hospital, I've come to the conclusion that the investigative stuff you see on TV as normal procedure is highly fictionalized.

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry your daughter experienced this. People with disabilities are very often abused because they are perceived as either a weak and easy target, or not disabled in the eyes of judgemental idiots. My spouse had a placard for decades, but once I forgot to hang it when I took him to an appointment. In my defense, he was having a difficult morning and I was frazzled by the time we arrived. In our haste to not be late, we forgot to hang the placard. We came out of the office to find a note stuck to the drivers side door, calling me stupid three times--stating that being stupid is not a handicap. He all but had to hold me back to keep me from going back inside the office and demanding to know who wrote the note. I was loaded for bear, as they say. Thankfully, he was the rational one. After that, he insisted on plates, though I was not completely comfortable with the idea. Anyway, we have been honked at, tailgated, etc. from rude drivers behind us more since the plates were put on than when we used the placard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Kim. I'm sorry you had that experience. We've had some bad experiences too, but this was probably the worst. For all of 2016 through spring of 2018, I drove her everywhere she had to go. All the doctor appointments, hospital, PT, etc. Did all her errands and grocery shopping. She just started driving beyond the few blocks near her house late last year. This year she's even driven herself to several of her appointments and tries to do her own errands. When she's feeling really bad, she calls and one of us goes to pick her up.

      Some people are just vicious bullies. My neighbor who is in his 80's told me he got a handicap placard, and the first time he used it, parking his vintage sports car in a handicap slot, someone scratched the crap out of his car door.

      Why? Because they thought someone with a handicap placard shouldn't drive a sports car?

      What has happened to common decency and morals?

      Delete