Sassy Women Inspire

My books like Just One Look have a lot of dialogue. Readers often tell me that they laugh out loud at some of the conversations between characters.

Best Job Ever

I like writing dialogue, and I work hard to make it humorous.

Sometimes it’s witty; sometimes snarky; and sometimes downright funny when my characters speak.

A lot of the dialogue in my books is stuff I’d love to say, but never do–usually because I think of it after the fact rather than in the midst of conversation. Perhaps that’s true of most of us.

I guess it comes as no surprise that I like to collect quotations that are amusing—especially quotations by women.

I used a quotation to open each chapter in another of my books, Old Enough To Know Better. Each quotation was themed to the content of the chapter.

Here are a few of my favorite quotations. Hope you enjoy them.

Sassy Women Speak

“You see a lot of smart guys with dumb women, but you hardly ever see a smart woman with a dumb guy.” ~ Erica Jong

“Risk! Risk anything! Care no more for the opinion of others, for those voices. Do the hardest thing on earth for you. Act for yourself.” ~ Katherine Mansfield

“A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of.” ~ Jane Austen

“If high heels were so wonderful, men would be wearing them.” ~ Sue Grafton

“When women are depressed they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country.” ~ Elayne Boosler

“Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.” ~ Maryon Pearson

“The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” ~ Lucille Ball

“I am a marvelous housekeeper. Every time I leave a man I keep his house.” ~ Zsa Zsa Gabor

“Love is like the measles. The older you get, the worse the attack.” ~ Mary Roberts Rinehart, The Man in Lower Ten (1909)

Last, but not least, quoting the sign hanging on a hook by my desk: “Put your big girl panties on and deal with it!”

Takeaway Truth

That’s right, just face your challenges head on and deal with them rather than procrastinate, run, or hide. Wishing you a very good weekend filled with fun and laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment