31 Days of New Thinking: 5 Thoughts to Consider

Image: Calendar by Rawpixel via Pexels.com Photo #1020323 (CC0)
We are the product of our thoughts.

Many people aren't happy with who or what they are and want to change but change is hard!

If you want to change, you have to change your thoughts.

Replace the old negative self-talk with better thoughts.

Here are some new thoughts—new thinking to get you going.

The New Year is jumping with new obligations so I'm behind on sharing these thoughts with you.
Today, I'm catching by lumping the last few days together. In truth, they're all tied together.

January 6 - The brain can only think about one thing at a time. If you find yourself focused on a negative thought, immediately replace it with a positive thought.

Example: "I just don't have the time to post these thoughts day by day." That was me late last night when I realized I hadn't posted yesterday morning. Immediately, I took a deep breath, closed my eyes, and said aloud. "Relax. I have all the time I need to do all the things I want." I repeated that a few more times, then I went to bed.

January 7 - I have all the time I need to do all the things I want.

Believe it or not, thinking you are frazzled, frenzied, and over-scheduled makes your situation worse.
Thinking those thoughts brings them to the forefront of your consciousness, making your brain flood your body with hormones that can lead to illness. True fact. If you're constantly feeling under the gun, with adrenaline pumping through your bloodstream, your body will eventually rebel.

Change the way you think now. Simply saying and believing that you have all the time you need, calms the panic. Say it. Write it. Believe it. Repeat it when you find yourself feeling overwhelmed.

January 8 - I take a deep breath, sending oxygen to my brain, and exhale, saying, "Relaxing now."

Sound silly? It's been proven. The brain needs oxygen. That's why so many sleep apnea patients now sleep with oxygen masks that cycle up if breathing stops.

When you're panicked, your breath becomes shallow or you find yourself almost holding your breath. Best thing to do when feeling anxity is to breathe deeply. Inhale and exhale, feeling your breath steady. Think as you exhale that you're releasing all your negativity and relaxing.

January 9 - I'm taking a break to recharge.

Are you one of those people who keeps pushing to finish a day's work or the task at hand even though you're exhausted in every way? I am. I've always pushed myself.

Last year when an author friend, who was always ruled by her to do list had a heart attack as she was pushing herself to finish the tasks she'd assigned herself that day. She realized what was happening and called 911.

She survived and came out of the experience with a new appreciation for knowing when to stop pushing and take a break. I vowed to do the same. I'm a work in progress on this point, but I do tell myself to take a break, as I did last night when I turned out the lights in the office and went to bed.

January 10 -  It's okay to let an opportunity pass you by.

Never be afraid to say, "No, thank you." Those 3 words can save your sanity when Life Crap is coming at you from every direction. Everyone goes through hard times. Hard times can drain the energy out of you like a suction pump connected to the brain, heart, and soul.

I know women who are raising grandchildren—actually had to have a son or daughter jailed and then filed for custody to adopt the grandchildren.

I know women whose husbands died last year, who suffered the death of an adult child, whose husbands are fighting for their lives.

I have a daughter with a chronic pain condition that will be lifelong. I have a sister-in-law who nearly died last September and who is facing a second major surgery this spring. I have a brother with cancer—God, how I hate that C word. We've lost so many family members to it.

Sometimes, you just have to be realistic and know you must nurture your energy and time so you'll be able to support those who desperately need you. They need you to be at the top of your game in terms of optimism, energy, and time.

Saying no can make you available by reducing your obligations and clearing your schedule while still keeping yourself in the game. More time means you're able to be there to help those you love and to spend time with someone who may have little time left.

Takeaway Truth

I hope 31 Days of New Thinking will energize you and help you make positive changes in yourself. Changing yourself will change your world. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment