1. Regardless of your mood, take action, the Just Do It principle.
You can't wait to be in a good mood in order to take action to achieve a goal such as writing a book, painting the living room, or planting a garden. Chances are you have a job in the outside world. You go to that job whether you're happy or sad. Often you go whether you're healthy or sick.
Goal achievement commands the same dedication. Every day, take action, no matter how small, toward goal achievement. Do it even if you're depressed. If you want to write a book, then write every day even if it's only 100 words. Set a quota and meet it even if you're sick, depressed, homesick, or ecstatically happy.
2. Grow an attitude of belief in yourself.
If you find yourself constantly thinking negative, defeating thoughts then do some inner exploration to figure out why you like to beat yourself up.
Lack of confidence in one's own abilities is a killer. Face your fears in order to get beyond them. Write out a script that changes your self-talk from sabotaging to empowering.
3. Hang around with people who are charged up with optimism and excitement, preferably those
trying to achieve the same kind of thing you want to achieve. Let their enthusiasm expand rub off on you.
4. Stay away from people who are only too happy and quick to tell you why you can't get what you want. These black holes of the universe will suck the life, ambition, and motivation right out of you.
5. Be very specific about what you want. You can have anything you want, but you can't have everything so figure out what it is you really want. Then focus on that one thing. You have to know what you want to go after.
6. Make a list of strategies to help you through the challenging times. Write down what you're going to do when you're sick and need to take action, when you're depressed, and you can't seem to get to the next level. Have a plan for every contingency so you'll keep taking action.
NOVEMBER GIVEAWAY ~ Today's question: Do you have a tip that will help someone succeed?
Answer the question in Comments to be entered in the November Giveaway. See details at the top of the left sidebar.
These steps should help you, but maybe there are other things you could do so figure out what works for you.
Like the Marines say: Improvise, overcome, adapt.