Is Someone Moving Your Cheese?

About 20 years ago, I read a little book called Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson. It was a #1 international bestseller and has over 28 million copies in print.

On the Amazon page for this book, there are 3,493 reviews giving a 4.6 out of 5 stars to the book.

The book is a thin volume, but it's profound in its wisdom. What's it about? Dealing with change in the work place and in your personal life. This book changed my thinking about life.

I talk about dealing with change a lot here on SlingWords because it's a tough challenge we all face.

Through the years when I was feeling overwhelmed by so much change in such a short period of time, I'd pull out the book and read through it again.

In the copy I bought, there was a bookmark entitled The Handwriting on the Wall. This book mark listed the 6 beliefs about change. Eventually, I put this bookmark in a little holder next to my computer. I've always kept it there so I could read it when I saw change coming down the pike.

Lately, with all the stats about the decline in income for authors, all the Amazon algorithm stuff, the ongoing piracy we authors experience, and so much else bad news, I thought I'd share with you the 6 rules or laws about Change from the book.

6 Laws of Change


These are the laws or rules or beliefs. The book goes into detail about this, but this bookmark reminds me of what I learned from the book.

1. Change happens.

2. Anticipate change.

3. Monitor change.

4. Adapt to change quickly.

5. Enjoy change!

6. Be ready to quickly change again and again.

Takeaway Truth

If you've never read Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson, I urge you to pick up a copy today. It may change your life too.

No comments:

Post a Comment