Homage To Spring

I was so busy on the first day of Spring that I failed to notice it! That might be because it was unseasonably cool here.

Of course, I'll take cool over the snow that's been hammering the country in various areas.

I love spring, doesn't everyone? I'll make my homage to Spring by quoting the late funny man, Robin Williams, who said, "Spring is nature's way of saying, Let's party!"

I plan to party in the garden this weekend. The lemon tree is covered with buds and those delicate blooms perfume the entire backyard. I'll be transplanting my giant rosemary from the big patio pot into the ground.

The Redbud trees started blooming a few weeks ago, the azaleas are blazing with color in every yard, and the bluebonnets are popping out along the roadways.

Let me finish on a more profound note. Long ago, I told my daughter who was trying to make a decision in the midst of emotional turmoil: "Never make an important decision when you're an emotional wreck."

Takeaway Truth

Pastor Robert H. Schuller said it more eloquently and included a reference to winter and spring so I'll leave you with his words.

"Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come."

No comments:

Post a Comment