Long Weekends: Love 'Em or Hate 'Em?


I have a love-hate relationship with long weekends. You know, those that start on Friday and carry over to Monday, which is a legal holiday.

Last week, we left on Friday for a long weekend in Corpus Christi, Texas, with our older son and his kids.

I always enjoy visiting Corpus Christi. The only real drawback to the city is the traffic. The population keeps growing, but the freeway and surface roads haven't been able to keep up so you spend a lot of time in slo-mo traffic.

It was a fun weekend, but getting back into the groove when you blew off Monday's work is difficult. I was thinking about how behind I am on everything, and I realized that I haven't truly been caught up on everything in the last two years.

Ouch. Ugly truth.

Takeaway Truth

I think I need another cup of coffee to choke down that realization. Y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment