Review: Christmas in Eastport by Susan R. Hughes

I've been catching up on my reading and thought I'd post reviews as I read.

Actually, today's review is for a book I read back in November when it was first published. I posted a review for it on Amazon, but they didn't publish it.

I don't know if that's because I'm in the U.S., and the book was published in Amazon Canada--although that shouldn't matter.

In the hundreds of reviews I've posted to Amazon over the years, this is the first time that has happened. So I thought I'd post the review again here.

Christmas in Eastport by Susan R. Hughes

I love just about anything by Ms. Hughes. I keep raving about her Christmas romances because they're topnotch--Hallmark should be knocking on her door for story ideas.

Susan R. Hughes has a way with characters. She creates flawed people, but at the same time she makes them people we understand and subsequently root for.

In Christmas in Eastport, her latest Christmas romance, Carly Nolan is living a life that's out of control. She's unhappy, and it shows. When she reluctantly returns to her hometown, she runs into her first love.

Just when you think this is going to be a quick happily-ever-after story, the author turns the tables on you. Carly and Mitch must work for that HEA--just the way real people must.

If you're a fan of New Adult fiction, you'll love this book. If you're a romance reader, you'll love it too.

Takeaway Truth

This edgy romance is only 99 cents so get Christmas in Eastport today.

No comments:

Post a Comment