6 EZ Ways to Improve Your Blog
1. Remove auto-start music.
I'm a music lover, but that doesn't mean I want to hear the music you love.Especially when it comes on at full volume!
2. Change the background to white or a light color and the text to black.
Reading text on a black background with a white or fluorescent color tires the eye tremendously. People who are online all day, reading, don't need that kind of eyestrain.
3. Remove those jumping, hopping, blinking animated gifs.
Unless your purpose is to distract visitors from your content, get rid of those animated gifs.
4. Change font to an easily read serif font
Use a serif font online. It's crisper and easier to read than fonts commonly used for print like Times New Roman.
5. Use images to illustrate your posts.
There are many sources for free images. Use them to break up big blocks of text and make your posts more interesting.
6. Use sub-headings to break up the text.
Online readers scan text vertically, looking for the facts or the gist of the content. That's why it's good to break up big blocks of text.
Remember, the way you format something to be read online is different from the way you format it for print.