Saturday Share: Dorito Drumsticks

I have a food confession. I love Nacho Cheese Doritos®. I seldom buy them because they're way too high in calories for this diet-conscious writer.

When I was a kid, there was a Frito-Lay commercial about Lay's Potato Chips®. The tagline was, "Bet you can't eat just one."

Well, that's anything by the Frito-Lay Corporation. I can't eat just one of their potato chips or of Doritos®.

However, I can justify buying a bag of Doritos® if I'm going to use them as the crumb coating for baked chicken. If I happen to munch a few of the trips while I'm putting the dish together, well, that's allowed. Chefs do that. Right.

So if you like the spicy taste of Doritos®, try this baked chicken. You'll love it!

Doritos® Drumsticks
  • 1 6-ounce bag of Doritos® (6 ounce bag is used, but if you get a larger size,you'll have some left. *g*)
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 12 drumsticks (just the legs, not legs with thigh attached)
Instructions
  • Prepare a 9" x 13" baking pan by lightly greasing or spraying with Pam or a similar product.
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  • Crush the chips finely and place in a plastic bag.
  • Mix the egg and milk in a shallow bowl.
  • Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
  • Dip the chicken into the egg mixture.
  • Next place the egg-dipped chicken into the plastic bag and shake to coat with chips.
  • Place in a layer in the baking pan.
  • Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes.
  • Carefully remove to a serving platter.
If you want to prepare this for baking later in the day, just cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate until time to bake. Add an extra 5-10 minutes baking time if going from fridge to oven.

Takeaway Truth

The spicy Doritos® perfectly seasons the chicken. I think you'll like this as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment