Hurray! Print Book Now Available

One of my goals this year is to get all of my ebooks into print.

With that goal in mind, the first print book, Jane (I'm Still Single) Jones, has been completed.

The print edition of this book can be purchased from the book's Amazon page or directly from CreateSpace. Oh, the price for this trade paperback (5"x8") is $9.99.

At left, you'll see the cover flat for the book. The artwork is stellar, and the inside format is stunning with drop caps for the first letter or the first word of a chapter, printer's decorative elements for space breaks, chapter beginnings, chapter endings, and other appropriate places.

I apologize for the quality of these scans. My scanner hasn't worked well since my computer upgraded to Windows 10. *grumble, grumble*

At right, you'll see the book list and the inside title page.

How The Format Came About

I studied 8 novels by my favorite authors, all from traditional publishers, to see how their books were put together.

I made a storyboard with each page of the front matter, back matter, and inside pages sketched. Then my format artist and I went over the sketches together. I decided on a 5" by 8" trade paperback size with cream paper, black type, and a matte cover finish.

My graphic artist created a sample, I approved it, and she took care of the rest.

Here are some of the end pages.

I'm absolutely thrilled with the book. It's beautiful, and I can't wait to get the rest of the books into print.

If anyone would like to talk to my graphic artist who did my format, she is Adina Mayo, my very talented daughter.

Her prices are competitive. Visit her website and use the Contact Me form on any page to get in touch with her.

Takeaway Truth

Why print books? Readers still love print books. In fact, I'm a reader who still buys print books, and I'm an author who is happy to add print books to my inventory, starting with Jane (I'm Still Single) Jones.

2 comments: