When you think casserole, think family pleasing comfort food because that's what they are.
Today's recipe is one that fits both my laziness requirements: easy to make and delicious to eat.
I mean, who wants to slave away in the kitchen when the outdoors beckons with spring flowers and blue skies?
You can even put this casserole together at night and bake and serve the next day. That's convenience food that's delicious.
Cheesy Chicken Bake
8 ounces noodles (that's a small package)
1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup milk
2 cups diced cooked chicken
1 4-ounce can of sliced mushrooms, drained
1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a 2 quart casserole dish by spraying with Pam or a similar product.
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- While noodles cook, chop celery, onion, and chicken.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and saute celery and onion until soft but not brown.
- Stir the sour cream, milk, chicken, mushrooms, peas, and noodles into the saucepan. Mix well.
- Pour into the casserole dish and sprinkle the Parmesan over the top.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serves 6 to 8.
Friday Is Cake Day, a collection of my family's cake recipes from 3 generations. The Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake is easy and delicious!
Friday Is Cake Day is only 99cents at Amazon and other ebook sellers.
No rubber chicken complaints with this entree. Your family will love it. Enjoy your weekend.