5 Favorite Christmas Pop Songs, Carols, Movies, Food, Activities

Are you tired? 

Want to sit down and put your feet up? I do. To me, it seems like the time between Thanksgiving and New Year’s is a timed marathon.

Chocolate Cures All Ills

Just in case your feet hurt, your back aches, and you just want to say the heck with it all, may I remind you that chocolate cures just about everything? Okay, it may not actually cure your aches and pains, but while it's melting in your mouth, you can focus on the deliciousness of it instead of your tired body.

In fact, you just may find yourself thinking--with not so much loathing--of all the things to do to prepare for Christmas. Have another piece of chocolate, and you might start thinking about all the fun things to do during the holidays. I started thinking of all the things I do at Christmas every year so I thought I'd group these Christmas Favorites into categories and give you 5 in each category.

Favorite Christmas Pop Songs (And the version I prefer)
1  Holly Jolly Christmas (Burl Ives)
2  Come Home for Christmas (The Eagles)
3  Santa Clause is Back in Town (Elvis)
4  Last Christmas (Wham)
5  Santa Baby (Bernadette Peters)

Favorite Christmas Carols
1 It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
2 O Little Town of Bethlehem
3 Do You Hear What I Hear
4 O Come, O Come Emmanuel
5 Silent Night

Favorite Christmas Movies
1 Love Actually (Funny, wise, wonderful!)
2 It’s a Wonderful Life (I still cry!)
3 A Christmas Story (I have a Red Ryder BB Gun!)
4 Die Hard (Christmas at Nakatomi Plaza)
5 The Ref (The Dysfunctional Christmas Story)

Favorite Christmas Food
1 My Mom’s Chocolate Bourbon Bon Bons (Oh, how I miss my Mom. She loved Christmas!)
2 My Sister-in-law Judy’s Coconut Cake
3 Chocolate Covered Cherry Bon Bons (chocolate, cherries, creamy liquid, yum!)
4 Texas Trash (my version of Chex Mix made with Tabasco, Tony Chachere Seasoning, Pecans, Almonds, Cashews, Peanuts, and, oh yeah, Chex Cereals.)
5 Pralines (the candy of the South–instant inches to the hips, but oh so good!)

Favorite Christmas Activities
1 Nighttime Christmas Eve service at church.
2 The wrapping paper fight we have after all presents are opened.
3 Games with the family after Christmas dinner.
4 Caroling–either doing it or welcoming carolers.
5 New Year’s Eve party we give.

Takeaway Truth

What are your favorite things about Christmas? Dwell on the pleasure and not the grinchy stuff.

I've got to go glam up. We're going to a Christmas party tonight. Parties, another favorite Christmas activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment