Small Town Saturday with Tracey Lyons

My guest for Small town Saturday is best selling historical romance author Tracey Lyons. You can find Tracey Online at: Website * Facebook * Pinterest * Amazon Author Page * Twitter.

To the delight of historical romance readers, Tracey has a new release. A Changed Agent, a sweet historical romance with a Small Town setting, was published last month by Waterfall Press.

A Changed Agent by Tracey Lyons

When schoolteacher Elsie Mitchell meets rugged William Benton on a train platform in Albany, it appears they have nothing in common. He isn’t the sort of fellow a proper young woman of the 1890s would ever speak to, much less become involved with. But when she arrives at her small town in the Adirondack Mountains, Elsie is offered a job as caregiver for this mysterious out-of-towner’s niece and nephew, who’ve been tragically orphaned. Heartbroken for them, she accepts.

Unknown to her, William is an undercover Pinkerton agent posing as a lumber-company foreman. He’s never wanted family—his work is too dangerous. Yet as Elsie transforms his house into a home and he spends time with the children, he feels drawn to family life—and to Elsie.

As a good Christian, Elsie is troubled by William’s secrets…though she does find him intriguing. And when a sinister figure from her past arrives, Elsie and William will have to trust in faith and newfound love to protect their unlikely family from danger.

Tracey Lyons and Small Town Setting for A Changed Agent

Reeves: Why did you use a small town as the setting for A Changed Agent?

Lyons: This book was a perfect fit for the fictional town of Heartston, New York. I love the Adirondacks and the small town local feel you get no matter where you go.

Reeves: What was the inspiration for A Changed Agent?

Lyons: I knew that I wanted to write a book with a Pinkerton hero. The inspiration came from a lot of reading historical romances with a suspense element.

Reeves: Do you have an ideal small town in mind when you write?

Lyons: I do. It clearly is one that has a close knit community. There is always a main street where you know everyone that passes by. And there is always a place be it a church or something like a bake shop where my characters all meet up to talk about their lives or discuss the day’s events.

Reeves: What in your opinion are the best and worst aspects of small town life?

Lyons: The best part is you know most people. I adore the sense of community and friendship. I grew up in a small town in upstate New York and most of my family was from the area. I knew a lot of people. But my kids used to tell me they couldn’t get into any trouble without my finding out! So the worst part of small town life is you know most people and there are few secrets! LOL!

Reeves: What's next up for you, i.e. new book, special promotion, box set, audiobook, etc.?

Lyons: Right now I’m preparing for the release of A Changed Agent. My first book with my new publisher Waterfall Press. I’m busy doing a lot of promotion both with social media and appearing a reader events and conferences.

I’ll be at the American Christian Fiction writers conference in Nashville in August. And I’ll be signing at the first Christian Fiction Readers Retreat on August 14th. Scarritt Bennett Center, 1008 19th Avenue South, Nashville, TN.

Takeaway Truth

A Changed Agent promises to be something special. It's available at Amazon so grab a copy today for your weekend reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment