Or maybe you want just a little something sweet but don't want to be stuck with a cake or pie or a dozen cookies.
How about a frozen treat that's healthy and easy to make--plus, something that can be frozen and doled out one at a time so there's always a healthy treat available when you want it?
Then you must try the recipe my daughter Adina came up with. It really does fulfill the desire for ice cream--without the fat and sugar.
Adina's Peanut Butter Cups
1 muffin tin with a paper cupcake liner in each well (you can also use silicone re-useable liners)
|3 views of the finished treats|
Peanut butter ( I use Laura Scudder Chunky but smooth works also.)
In each cupcake liner, place:
* Banana slices -- 3 or 4 against the side of the liner.
* Layer 1: a spoonful of frozen blueberries for the bottom layer.
* Layer 2: a tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter.
* Layer 3: 2 or 3 banana slices overlapping to form a rough triangle.
* Layer 4: a spoonful of peanut butter
Place muffin tin in freezer for a couple of hours. When frozen, remove the treats and place in a large freezer-style Ziplok bag or similar. If you used the silicone liners, remove them from that also.
Simply delicious as a frozen dessert or as an energy-power pick-me-up. I like this so much that I'm going to try inserting a layer of chocolate chips after layer 2.
Try this, and let me know what you think.