Traveling and Reading

I've been logging a lot of miles in the last few weeks. On Mondays, I drive to my daughter's home and accompany her to her doctor appointments.

This past Friday, my darling hubby and I drove to Corpus Christi to celebrate our older son's birthday. Normally, that is a pleasant drive south that takes about 3 1/2 hours.

Unfortunately, many parts of Highway 59 South are under construction. The 3 1/2 hours stretched into 5 1/2 hours.

No problem. I had my trusty Kindle with me. During all this driving, I've managed to read these ebooks:
* The Pan Man, a short story, by Loretta Wheeler
* Mischief & Mayhem, a short story, by Loretta Wheeler
* Redeeming the Earl, a Regency romance, by Jenn Langston
* Claiming Annie's Heart, Women's Fiction, by Judythe Morgan.

Each of these romances were different from the other, and not just because of length. Each represented a niche genre within romance.

I must say I really enjoy the short stories and short novels that abound in today's ebook world. They're perfect for someone who has limited reading time or someone who wants entertaining reading material during a long wait in a doctor's reception room.

Takeaway Truth

I'll be reviewing these romance offerings tomorrow so check back to see what I think about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment