Review: Headhunters

Recently I watched Headhunters, a movie that left me with my mouth agape. I watched it on Netflix. If you don't subscribe, you can watch this movie on Amazon Prime or rent/buy it from Amazon.

If you like gripping, edge-of-your-seat thrillers, you must see this Norwegian import starring Aksel Hennie of Age of Heroes, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau of Game of Thrones , and Synnøve Macody Lund.

If you think you don't like foreign films because of having to read the subtitles, Headhunters will change your opinion. That's a good thing because some really great movies are foreign made.  

Synopsis

Aksel Hennie is a high-living executive head hunter, but his avocation as art thief is his passion and how he really makes his high income. He's just looking for one big score because he's in hock up to his eyeballs in order to woo and keep his statuesque beautiful blond wife played by Lund. Hunky Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is the man Hennie robs.

My Thoughts

All I can say is, OMG! The art thief picked the wrong man to rob! The rest of the movie is Hennie trying to escape the relentless stalking of Coster-Waldau. The Terminator has nothing on Coster-Waldau. The man just won't quit. Hennie's situation goes from bad to worse to disaster.

I'm not going to say anything else because you must see this to believe it. The ending is one of those amazing reversals that will have you doing a fist pump in the air.

Takeaway Truth

Headhunters is one of the best thrillers I've seen all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment